Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Personal Project 3














Artist Statement

I’m interested in what is not easily seen. I find reality is often a slave to perception. In other words our perception and what we believe, dictates our reality. Therefore, what is on the inside of an individual is vitally important to what happens externally.  I did three series of three that explore and experiment with this idea.


You are You

In this series on the top, I wish to explore portraits of individuals in a different way. I’m want to focus more on what is going on inside of an individual than the surface. Using doodles, expressions and the outline of the person. I give you Jake, Danny, and Sage. 

Three Dimensions of Thought

In this series iI’m playing off a standard advertising motif. Words often are used in conjunction with an image to create and brand impression in ones mind. I want to reveal the structure of how the mind associates values, thereby illuminating the structure of thought according to the science of Formal Axiology.

You’re in the Soup



This series is an imagined take on existing in an unseen field. How does thought and intention connect. I started with a scanned image of an Asada head, used for drawing practice, and painted over it. The idea first came to me back when I did theater. I had an experience where my mind started to visualize the connection to my scene and the audience partners. We live in a quantum web of field. 






1 comment:

  1. awesome work, andre! i particularly like the second silhouette image, the one with the green background and the heavy scribbling inside. i would like to see more work in this vein, perhaps with subtle textures superimposed

    ReplyDelete